Volunteers are encouraged to participate in an online safety training course through Habitat for Humanity International and Lockton Insurance.
1. Go to www.hfhvolunteerinsurance.com.
2. Once there, click on Step 1, on right hand side, to READ the course instructions. An access code is necessary to take the training course, which is on the course instructions page.
3. Return to the main page and click on Step 2 to TAKE the course. At the screen that opens, enter the Access Code in the box and click submit.
4. At the Safety Course list screen, select the recommended course: Volunteering On A Habitat for Humanity Job Site.
5. The course will load and start automatically. Follow along with the presentation. At the end there will be a 10-question quiz. Proceed with taking the quiz. If you pass (score 70% or better), we will receive a completion certificate certifying you have completed the course. You may request a copy from us, if you choose. If you do not score a 70% or higher the first time, you can take the course again.
Additional training is provided through HabitatLearns (registration required).